Dear Parents of Clients,
This post is to update you with changes to our procedures and services to remain in-line with current guidelines.
Therapy services have continued for the past three months through telehealth services. Due to the delay in progress for our clients, Ascend Speech Pathology Services have decided to open up for face-to-face sessions for a select number of clients starting from September 21st 2021in a staggered approach. All therapy sessions will be held at Toongabbie until further notice. Home visits and childcare visits will also commence however school visits are on hold. Sessions will be staggered across the span of 6 to 8 weeks starting from Tuesday 21st September.
For this to occur we ask that our clients, their caregivers and we strictly follow our current guidelines and procedures:
With all clients, standard precautions have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing our clients, their families and ourselves. We will ensure regular sanitising of common surfaces, frequent hand washing, and staying at home when we are unwell.
Mask Wearing & Social distancing
- We are requesting that only ONE parent attends the session with their child. It is compulsory for the parent to wear a mask though not compulsory for any child to wear a mask as they are all under 12 years of age. If a mask has been forgotten or not worn on arrival for the session, the parent will be asked to reschedule their appointment. Masks must cover the nose and mouth area.
- Furthermore, NSW government notess that face coverings are not mandatory where ‘clear enunciation or visibility of your mouth is essential’
- Face shields will be worn where the visibility of the clinician’s mouth is required.
- We will keep a distance of 1.5 metres. Where this is not possible, clinicians will wear a hospital grade mask.
- Between sessions, at least 15 minute gaps will be left where possible, in order to disinfect the room and toys/equipment used.
- Where possible and practical, sessions will be held outdoors in the backyard area with adequate seating and table arrangements. This is to allow greater ventilation.
- We are currently only able to accommodate 3 people per room per session (clinician and client + carer). If other family members are required to come to sessions, please wait with them outside with masks.
QR Code Check In
- Clients and their parents/caregivers are required check in to our clinic using the QR code located on the outside of the sliding door. If you do not have access to the app, records will be taken on paper however it is recommended that this app is downloaded prior to returning to sessions.
Check in requirements
- When clients and/or the caregivers check in at the back door, we expect that you are confirming with us that:
- You do not present with any COVID like symptoms
- You have not visited any COVID hot spots
- You are not awaiting a COVID test result
- You have not been in contact with any COVID positive people in the last 14 days
COVID Symptoms include but are not limited to:
- fever (37.5C or higher)
- night sweats or chills
- sore throat
- runny nose or congestion
Other symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- muscle or joint pain
- loss of smell
- loss of taste
- vomiting or nausea
- loss of appetite
Severe symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- chest pain or pressure
- loss of speech or movement
- Clients and their caregivers will have their temperature checked upon entry. Should a client and/or their caregivers present with a temperature reading of 37.5’C or more, they will be required to leave the session and undergo COVID testing before returning to face-to-face sessions.
- If you or your child present with any COVID-19 symptoms, please undergo a COVID-19 test before returning to your speech therapy sessions, ensure they are negative results and present them to us. This helps with the early detection of cases.
- Hand sanitisers – We encourage you to use hand sanitisers and also adhere to normal hand washing and hygiene practices. Everyone will sanitise their hands on entry to their session and when leaving their session.
- Further measures to minimise the potential impact at Ascend Speech Pathology Services include:
-Disinfecting and wiping down of common surfaces and resources between client interactions
-Daily disinfecting of common surfaces
-Room will be ventilated and a window in the room will be always slightly open.
Direct Contact with Cases or COVID Hotspots
Anyone come into direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or has been at any COVID hotspots for 14 days before returning to sessions. Clients must follow this advice to ensure their own and others’ safety. Please call us on 0404242470 if you are in this position so that we can organise tele- health sessions for you if you wish.
Mask Wearing & Social distancing
- We encourage that you wait in your car until your session commences or your child’s session ends. We will do their utmost to ensure that sessions are running on time.
- For clients who are not able to come into the clinic for their session but are well enough, we recommend arranging a telehealth session.
For this to occur we ask that you strictly follow our current guidelines and procedures:
- Please call us and let us know if you or anyone in your family has been unwell prior to the session or been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
- We will sanitise their hands before and after the session and will request that their client does also.
We continue to offer telehealth sessions
We continue to provide telehealth sessions for families who wish to do so.
Group Therapy Sessions
Group therapy sessions have ceased until further notice.
|Article title:||People with COVID‑19 symptoms – Fact sheets|